Coordinated by The Honorable Lady Jolie Delarue & Eorsebet
Viking Hats: Ages 5+ with parental/guardian assistance for those under the age of 8
Materials needed: Fleece pre-cut to the template; thread or yarn; chenille needles; scissors
Items to prep ahead of time: Each hat requires 8 pieces of pre-cut fleece cut to the given template (see figure 1).
- Participants will select either 2 or 4 colors of fleece to work with and a matching thread color. Each hat is constructed of 4 panels and each panel is made of 2 piece of the same color fleece.
- After threading needles, start by sewing together 2 panels (4 pieces of fleece as illustrated in figure 2).
- Once the 2 panels are sewn together using a straight stitch, add another panel and sew as illustrated in figure 3 using a straight stitch.
- Then add the final panel stitching together as illustrated in figures 4 and 5.
- Finish by rolling the edges up as much as is necessary for the wearer to keep the edge out of his/her eyes as illustrated in figure 6.